Join St. Paul Fire
Interested in becoming a Part-Time Paramedic?
St. Paul Fire District provides Fire and EMS service to 38 sq/mile farming community located in northwestern corner of Marion County.
The purpose of this paramedic position is to provide basic and advanced life support an emergency medical techniques to those in need of assistance.
- Respond to BLS and ALS service calls.
- Assess and monitor the condition of ill and or injured patients.
- Provide basic and advance life-support, including comprehensive patient assessment, invasive airway management, cardiac monitoring and administration of medications.
- Provide an immediate course of treatment in route to the hospital or receiving facility.
- Liaison with members of other facilities, such as police, fire, hospitals and other ambulance services to ensure appropriate level of response is provided.
- Interact with members of the general public as well as family members present at the scene.
- Clean, decontaminate and checked vehicles and equipment to maintain a state of operational readiness.
- Assist with patient care in hospitals or healthcare centers.
- Produce thorough patient document reports including the patient’s history, condition, and treatment.
- Responsible for other related duties deem necessary to meet the needs of St Paul Fire District.